Horticulture Field Day
Thursday, June 28, 2018
Please pre-register for meal count: Email or Phone (903) 834-6191 by June 22nd.
*Handicapped parking is available. Please call for any special needs.
Advisement! This is a field event held rain or shine. Please come prepared with proper attire, sturdy footwear, sunscreen, hats, umbrellas/parasols, etc.
- 8:30 am Registration opens at the East Farm Area
- 8:30 – 10:30 am Tour of Ornamental Trials at the East Farm Area
- 10:30 – 11:45 am Tour of Ornamental Trials at the Demonstration Garden at the Main Building
- 11:45 am – 1:00 pm Sponsored BBQ lunch by the arbor at the Main Building (Texas A&M AgriLife Center).
Presentations (Indoors in the Bruce McMillan, Jr. Auditorium)
- 1:00 pm The Labor Day Report- What survived the summer?
- Dr. Brent Pemberton- Professor, Ornamental Horticulture and Plant Physiology
- 1:30 pm Latest Happenings at the Dallas Arboretum
- Jenny Wegley- Vice President of Horticulture Operations at Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden
- 2:00 pm Thought for Food: A Green Industry
- Daniel Cunningham- Horticulturist, Program Coordinator at Texas A&M AgriLife Research Water University
- 2:30 pm Rain Barrel Demonstration
- Dotty Woodson- Extension Program Specialist at Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Water University