- How to make a rain barrel.
- Did you know that the Overton Center has a daily total of chill hours?
- Do you know your Plant Hardiness Zone?
- East Texas Garden Lecture Series, informational flyer.
- Texas Superstar Plants and Designs (video)
- An update on Texas Superstar (YouTube)
- Chill hours for locations outside the Overton area.
Did you know…
Potential evapotranspiration, or PET data is used to calculate the water requirements of crops and landscape plants, and adjust irrigation schedules in a way that encourages efficient water use, reduces waste, and saves money. Example: Add up the PET values for the past seven days. If you water your yard once a week, this is the amount of water you need to put out when irrigating. If it has rained during those seven days, subtract the total amount of rainfall from the PET total for the same time period. This will be your correct PET value, adjusted for rainfall.